Friday, April 20, 2012

Looking forward to growing older


In less than 1 year, I will have a "milestone" birthday. Yup. It's inevitable. You either keep getting older or die. I have been described as a 90 year old woman in a 20-something woman's body, so I guess I am just catching up to where I should be. So, I'm celebrating in a big way:

Going to Alaska!!!!

I hope that I will have someone to join me on this trip (friends, family, any takers???), though I know it is expensive. Over time, I've accumulated lists of sights to see and reasons I have for going there:
--Seeing bears outside of the zoo (Denali National Park & Preserve)
--Whale-watching is so much better there than in the Midwest (Harv & Marv's)
--Lichen and other flora that withstand weather which I cannot imagine (even in space)
--Glaciers
--Wide open spaces, so few people (1:1 person per square mile ratio, acc'd to wikipedia)
--Totem poles and other signs and symbols from a different culture, different time.
--Riding in a train through the mountains
--Northern Lights! 



So, who's with me?  Is Alaska your dream adventure or is there somewhere else you'd rather be?

No comments: